Saturday mornings are designated “fancy brunch” days. My A.M. routine goes something like this:
- Sleep in
- Wake up
- Make a killer breakfast/brunch
- Everything else
For those of you who are regular “brunchies” like me, this is for those mornings you just don’t feel like going out for breakfast/brunch. It’s for those Saturdays when you’d rather fix up a restaurant style breakfast in the comfort of your own kitchen and pajamas. Everyone needs a trusted go-to pancake recipe for those mornings, a recipe that goes perfectly with any topping or side dish!
This one is my version of Original Pancakes, a simple yet nutritious recipe. Using olive oil butter instead of regular butter eliminates a high amount of unhealthy saturated fats, while whole wheat flour adds extra nutrients and fiber. Eating them with maple syrup and fruits also eliminates consuming the high amounts of refined sugars in regular pancake syrups. Now, let’s get our brunch on!
Original Pancake Recipe
- 10 oz. whole wheat flour
- 1 tsp. Vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp. olive oil butter (melted)
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp. light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 cup almond milk
- In a medium bowl mix flour, sugar, and baking soda (all dry ingredients).
- In another bowl add wet ingredients; milk, vanilla extract, olive oil butter, and egg.
- Wisk all wet ingredients.
- Incorporate liquid mixture into dry mixture until well combined.
- Turn stove to medium and you’re ready to pour the pancake mixture on skillet/pan.
*Remember to lightly use olive oil spray so your pancakes don’t stick. Use fruits and nuts to top, enjoy your at-home healthier brunch pancakes!